In this practice we take complaints seriously and we aim to ensure that all our patients are pleased with their experience of our service. When a patient complains, he/she is dealt with courteously and promptly so that the matter is resolved as quickly as possible. This policy is based on these objectives.
In responding to a complaint, we aim to treat you the way we would like to be treated if we were in your position. We learn from every mistake that we make and we respond to customers’ concerns in a caring and sensitive way.
- The person responsible for dealing with any complaint about the service which we provide is the owner, Gemma McCarron.
- If a patient makes a verbal complaint, we will listen to and offer to refer him or her to Gemma McCarron without delay. If Gemma is not available at the time, then the patient will be advised when they will be able to talk to the dentist and arrangements will be made for this to happen. The member of our team will take brief details of the complaint and pass them on.
- If a patient complains in writing, the letter or email will be passed to Gemma without delay.
- If a complaint is about any aspect of clinical care or associated charges, it will normally be referred to the dentist, unless the patient does not want this to happen.
- We will acknowledge the patient’s complaint in writing and enclose a copy of this complaints policy as soon as possible, normally within five working days.